Thank you for your interest in volunteering for the Oakland University First Aid Support Team (FAST). After completing this application, you will be one step closer to joining an elite group of highly trained and professional student responders who positively impact the lives of the community members we serve.
Your application will be kept on file for the entire current academic year. When openings on the team arise, you will be contacted by a member of the command staff to schedule an interview.
- Possess a valid State of Michigan Driver's License.
- Ability to attend bi-weekly training sessions. See the above "Yearly Training Calendar" for details.
- Ability to attend a two day onboarding session for new members. See the above "Yearly Training Calendar" for exact dates.
- Ability to pass an extensive criminal and driving history background check.
- Successful completion of the below independent study classes. Bring proof of completion with you to your interview.
Steps in the application process
- Complete the online application After reading the important information on this page, click "Continue to Application" to begin the online application. You will be asked basic questions about yourself, your involvement on campus, and about any certifications you may already have. Your progress cannot be saved, so please make sure you have time to complete the entire application at once (approximately 10-15 minutes).
- Attend an interview Interviews are held yearly in the fall You will receive an email from one of the team captains in early October if you are selected for an interview. Interviews last approximately 30 minutes and are conducted by members of the FAST command staff. The goal of this interview is to get to know you a better and give you a chance to show why you would be a good fit for FAST.
- Final selection The final selection will take into account all aspects of your application including the interview. If you are accepted, you will receive an email welcoming you to the team and an email with general information about the next steps as a new employee.